Fundraising on behalf of the project.
Anyone – whether a member of Bravery bottles or not – can hold a ‘Guest fundraiser’, with as much or as little support from the project as you want/need.
I have leaflets, posters & cards that you can request (free of charge) and ahead of your event if you so wish.
Holding an online fundraiser
- Inform admin (email or message me by clicking here, or using the details on the ‘contact’ page), with a general idea about your thoughts and plans
- You will be assigned and given the contact details of one of a member of the ‘project team’ to help with the organisation of the fundraiser.
- This will be someone who will be able to help & support you throughout the fundraiser with things like prizes, dates, and advertising the event to get the maximum amount of sales possible.
- Decide which ‘type’ of fundraiser you’d like to hold; be it a raffle, a ‘guess the name of …’, ‘guess the amount of …’, or your own idea.
- Remember that online, a ‘guess the amount of…’ is difficult when not in perspective, so, if you’re thinking of holding a fundraiser of that type, stand next to it a ‘well known size’ object (even something like a ‘Pritt-stick glue!), so there’s a comparison for people to be lead by.
- Decide what the prizes will be and create/purchase them, but have a clear idea on how the ‘winners’ will be judged.
- Make sure you keep a clear record of your outgoings (including the cost of P&P and/or shipping) so that you can be reimbursed by the project once the fundraiser has finished.
- Once all the details have been finalised, you can write a post to advertise your fundraiser either with the help of the member of the project team, or sending it to them after.
- Make sure it includes a description of the fundraiser, how to get involved, the start/end date, the prizes, how to purchase tickets (or equivalent) etc.
- Send the final document to me (email me by clicking here, or upload it as a file on the ‘fundraising’ page).
- I will then paste that post onto the ‘Guest Fundraising’ template, and upload it after a final confirmation from yourself.
You can view the example document here.
Holding a fundraising event
Be it a cake sale, fête, sponsored challenge, or an adrenaline-fuelled event that involves raising money for the project, be sure to:
- Talk to Admin to discuss your proposed plans.
- Request advertising materials to use during your event.
- Write about your fundraiser; when it is, what it is, where it’s being held etc.
- Email it or upload it for admin to read, approve, and put in the ‘guest template’, ready to be announced by yourself at a time you decide.
Selling your own hand-made items
If you handmake items – whatever they may be – or if you have a hobby whereby you make sellable items, you can choose for them to be advertised via the project, and sold via the ‘project shop’, with an agreed % of profit being donated to the project.
- Contact Admin to discuss this possibility and the contribution that the project will receive.
When the fundraiser has finished, all donations received, and you have a final figure of money you made from the fundraiser, you can either send the profit via PayPal (www.paypal.me/braverybottles), or by donating it to the project’s funding page (found by clicking here).
If there is a particular part of the project that you’d like to donate the money to (i.e. a particular sub-project), make sure you make that clear.
If you have any other questions or queries, you can email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org 😊