This project is one that some of you may or may not have heard of before.
To summarise, it involves decorating, ‘hiding’, finding, and winning a prize.
N.B. There is no limit to the number of rocks you decide to decorate.
If you still want to take part in this activity after reading this page, click here to ‘sign up’.
- However, please be reassured that by submitting the participation form, you aren’t committing yourself to anything.
STAGE 1 – Finding:
Find a stone(s)/rock(s), about the size of your fist (or slightly smaller).
STAGE 2 – Decorating:
Using permanent markers/heavy duty/waterproof paint, decorate your rock how you like.
The only compulsory aspect of this is that somewhere on your designed stone is the following URL:
STAGE 3 – Photograph & upload your designs:
Before the next stage, ensure that you take photos of your stone/rock(s) and upload them here, giving details of the area you have put your stones in.
STAGE 4 – Hiding:
The next stage is ‘hiding’ them outside, in a place of your choice. By ‘hide’, however, you don’t want to hide it too well, as you want it to be feasible for people to find them!
STAGE 5 – Finding:
The final stage is finding/having your stone/rock found. This is now out of your hands, but if someone finds your rock and follows the link that you (should have) put on your rock/stone as part of your design, there are clear instructions, for them, on what to do.
The instructions included are also those listed below:
STAGE 6 – Photos & Prizes
- Take a photo of the decorated rock/stone on its own.
- Take a ‘selfie’ with the decorated rock/stone.
- Upload both photos using the following link:
- PHOTOS FEATURING ANY PERSON WILL NOT BE PUBLICLY DISPLAYED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
- All ‘finders’ of the stones will be sent a prize by leaving your address in the space provided on the photo upload page (n.b. this is optional.)
- The photo of the rock (on its own) will be uploaded to the website and the ‘Bravery Bottles’ Facebook Page to identify the person who designed & hid the rock initially.
- A prize will also be sent to them (All ‘finders’ of the stones will be sent a prize by leaving your address in the space provided on the photo upload page (again, this is optional.)
STAGE 7 – Get involved yourself!
Fill in the participation form, and follow each of the above stages to get involved!